Monday, July 1, 2013

Secrets

We all have secrets, some deeper than others.  I look forward to Monday blog reading because I know a new edition of PostSecret is there.   Some of the secrets make me really sad, some are horrifying, and others resonate with me - like this one posted this week:


 I've mentioned it before on always feeling judged, and this secret just reaffirms that I'm not alone in my feeling.  I know I'm making progress, and that no one in my Zumba class is probably even looking at me, but there are days that I am SOOOO self-conscious of how I look.  Today was one of those days.  There really wasn't anything different about how I looked - I was wearing my standard workout gear, hair pulled back, etc... but I just felt fat and self-conscious!  I kept tugging at my shirt, hoping to hide some of the rolls, but every time I moved they just kept creeping back into view.  Sucks!

The good thing is that I didn't let it stop me... I was up at the crack of dawn and there, so I figured I better make the best of it, even if I didn't like looking at myself!  I made it through class, and went home and just stared at myself in the full length mirror.  Boy, do I have a long way to go before I am happy with what I see, but you know what...  I can see the difference from where I started - so that's a plus, right!?

3 comments:

  1. I am so amazed by your strength of will and commitment. It's so hard to get up to work out, much less to force yourself to do it when its one of those off kind of days. You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks friend!! I don't know about amazing, but determined! :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete