Friday, April 19, 2013

Walking... and Pain!

I just recently purchased the ActiveLink from WW and it really does make me think about how much activity I get in one day.  Truth be told, if I could sit on the couch and watch TV and/or Movies all day - I totally would.  Plus, my job of sitting behind a desk all day doesn't bode well for much activity.  But, since getting the ActiveLink, I'm really trying to reach and exceed that 100% goal everyday.  

Yesterday was my first day using the ActiveLink that I didn't have a workout planned.  When I got home from work I was only at a little over 50% for the day so I decided to go for a walk.  I decided to walk to the post office that is down the street from my house so I actually had a purpose for my walk.  Phone in hand, earbuds in, and Pandora rockin' I start on my 1.2 mile trek.  

I get right outside of my neighborhood and my right shin starts aching.  I tell myself to push through it and keep going.  By the time I got to the post office I was seriously contemplating calling the hubby to come get me because the pain from the shin splints was so bad.  I finally told myself to just keep going - it's only 15 more minutes back to the house.  

So I did it!!  I made it back - pain and agony and all... but I finished my walk!

(Come to find out - even if I had tried to call the hubs - he would have never answered.  He spent the time I was walking, outside in the yard fertilizing and treating the shrubs, with his phone in the house!  Good thing I pushed through!)

I did reach 131% of goal so that was great!  For the first time I noticed that the different types of exercise definitely yields different Activity Points.   On previous days when I did Zumba or TurboKick (Cardio Kickboxing) and exceeded 100% I got 4 Activity Points.  Yesterday I got 2 Activity Points.  Not that I’m complaining… I still got out there and reached my goal, but it definitely motivates me more to go the classes, as I get more out of it!!

This weekend I'll be going out of town to visit my parents and celebrate my little cousins 25th birthday AND she passed the BAR!  I'm going to try really hard to make the right choices and just keep drinking tons of water so I don't overeat on the yummy Cuban food that will be there!

Have a great weekend peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment